At the Darnell School, our mission is to enrich and enhance the lives of our students so that each child reaches his/her fullest potential and greatest level of independence.
Our goals are:
- To increase student learning and decrease maladaptive behaviors so students can participate fully and be as independent as possible while leading an active life.
- To foster inclusion for each child through community skill-building, relationship development and/or work and recreational opportunities.
- To maximize a family’s ability to care for their child at home.
- To work toward integrating students back into their home schools as appropriate.
- That all children should receive the highest quality educational services.
- That educational and clinical strategies should be adapted and modified to meet each child’s unique learning style and family culture.
- That building collaborative relationships with schools, families, and other professionals is essential to each child’s success. These relationships support a richness of strategies and opportunities for mutual learning.
- That well-qualified and trained staff promote optimal learning for each child.